Rules for Mobile Homes
Tenant agrees to -
1. Lease the Premises for the entire Term beginning on the Commencement Date and will stay in effect till either party gives a 30 day written notice to terminate the lease or failure to pay lot rent by tenant with in 30 days of due date..
2. Accept the Premises in their present condition "AS IS," the Premises being currently suitable for the Permitted Use.
3. Obey (a) all applicable laws relating to the use, condition, and occupancy of the Premises and Building and (b) any requirements imposed by utility companies serving or insurance companies covering the Premises.
4. Pay monthly, in advance, on the first day of the month, the Base Rent to Landlord at Drop Box on property. Tenant shall pay all rent and charges due under this Lease by certified check, money order or other traceable or negotiable instrument. Cash is not to be deposited in drop box under any circumstances.
5. Pay a late charge of $50.00 for any Rent not received by Landlord by the fifth day at 2:00 p.m. after it is due or a late charge of $100.00 for any Rent not received by Landlord by the tenth day at 2:00 p.m. after it is due.
6. Obtain and pay for all utility services used by Tenant and not provided by Landlord.
7. Landlord is furnishing water to Tenant inclusive with this Lease. However, Tenant shall reimburse Landlord for any water usage above 6000 gallons per month.
8. Allow Landlord to enter the Premises to perform Landlord's obligations, inspect the Premises, and show the Premises to prospective purchasers or tenants.
9. Repair, replace, and maintain any part of the Premises that Landlord is not obligated to repair, replace, or maintain, normal wear excepted. Tenant is responsible for maintaining their own yard , lawn and cut trees when needed.
10. Submit in writing to Landlord any request for repairs, replacement, and maintenance that are the obligations of Landlord.
11. If requested, deliver to Landlord a financing statement perfecting the security interest created by this lease.
12. Vacate the Premises on the last day of the Term.
13. Vehicle not specified on the lease agreement will be towed away at owner’s expense
14. Water usage above 4000 gallons per month is charged at $0.02 per gallon
15. INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, AND HOLD LANDLORD AND LIENHOLDER HARMLESS FROM ANY INJURY (AND ANY RESULTING OR RELATED CLAIM, ACTION, LOSS, LIABILITY, OR REASONABLE EXPENSE, INCLUDING ATTORNEY'S FEES AND OTHER FEES AND COURT AND OTHER COSTS) OCCURRING ON ANY PORTION OF THE PREMISES. THE INDEMNITY CONTAINED IN THIS PARAGRAPH (a) IS INDEPENDENT OF TENANT'S INSURANCE, (b) WILL NOT BE LIMITED BY COMPARATIVE NEGLIGENCE STATUTES OR DAMAGES PAID UNDER THE WORKERS' COMPENSATION ACT OR SIMILAR EMPLOYEE BENEFIT ACTS, (c) WILL SURVIVE THE END OF THE TERM, AND (d) WILL APPLY EVEN IF AN INJURY IS CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE ORDINARY NEGLIGENCE OR STRICT LIABILITY OF LANDLORD BUT WILL NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT AN INJURY IS CAUSED BY THE GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT OF LANDLORD.
Tenant agrees not to -
1. Use the Premises for any purpose other than the Permitted Use.
2. Create a nuisance.
3. Permit any waste.
4. Use the Premises in any way that would increase insurance premiums or void insurance on the Premises.
5. Change Landlord's lock system.
6. Alter the Premises.
7. Allow a lien to be placed on the Premises.
8. Assign this lease or sublease any portion of the Premises without Landlord's written consent. Any sublease of this lot will require a $100 application fee and will be subject to landlord’s approval.
9. Comply with all the terms and conditions of any other contract or lease between Tenant and Landlord.
Landlord agrees to -
1. Lease to Tenant the Premises for the entire Term beginning on the Commencement Date..
2. Provide the Essential Services.
3. Return the Security Deposit to Tenant, less itemized deductions, if any, within thirty days after the last day of the term.
Landlord agrees not to -
1. Interfere with Tenant's possession of the Premises as long as Tenant is not in default.
Landlord and Tenant agree to the following:
1. Alterations. Any physical additions or improvements to the Premises made by Tenant will become the property of Landlord. Landlord may require that Tenant, at the end of the Term and at Tenant's expense, remove any physical additions and improvements, repair any alterations, and restore the Premises to the condition existing at the Commencement Date, normal wear excepted.
2. Abatement. Tenant's covenant to pay Rent and Landlord's covenants are independent. Except as otherwise provided, Tenant will not be entitled to abate Rent for any reason.
3. Insurance. Tenant will maintain insurance coverage on Tenant’s contents of Tenant’s home and will provide hazard insurance on any property owned by Tenant on the Premises.
4. Release of Claims/Subrogation. LANDLORD AND TENANT RELEASE EACH OTHER AND LIENHOLDER FROM ALL CLAIMS OR LIABILITIES FOR DAMAGE TO THE PREMISES, DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PERSONAL PROPERTY WITHIN THE PREMISES, AND LOSS OF BUSINESS OR REVENUES THAT ARE COVERED BY THE RELEASING PARTY'S PROPERTY INSURANCE OR THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN COVERED BY THE REQUIRED INSURANCE IF THE PARTY FAILS TO MAINTAIN THE PROPERTY COVERAGES REQUIRED BY THIS LEASE. THE PARTY INCURRING THE DAMAGE OR LOSS WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DEDUCTIBLE OR SELF-INSURED RETENTION UNDER ITS PROPERTY INSURANCE. LANDLORD AND TENANT WILL NOTIFY THE ISSUING PROPERTY INSURANCE COMPANIES OF THE RELEASE SET FORTH IN THIS PARAGRAPH AND WILL HAVE THE PROPERTY INSURANCE POLICIES ENDORSED, IF NECESSARY, TO PREVENT INVALIDATION OF COVERAGE. THIS RELEASE WILL NOT APPLY IF IT INVALIDATES THE PROPERTY INSURANCE COVERAGE OF THE RELEASING PARTY. THE RELEASE IN THIS PARAGRAPH WILL APPLY EVEN IF THE DAMAGE OR LOSS IS CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE ORDINARY NEGLIGENCE OR STRICT LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTY BUT WILL NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT THE DAMAGE OR LOSS IS CAUSED BY THE GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT OF THE RELEASED PARTY.
5. Casualty/Total or Partial Destruction
a. If the Premises are damaged by casualty and can be restored within ninety days, Landlord will, at its expense, restore the Premises to substantially the same condition that existed before the casualty. If Landlord fails to complete the portion of the restoration for which Landlord is responsible within ninety days from the date of written notification by Tenant to Landlord of the casualty, Tenant may terminate this lease by written notice to Landlord before Landlord completes Landlord's restoration obligations.
b. If Landlord cannot complete the portion of the restoration for which Landlord is responsible within ninety days, Landlord has an option to restore the Premises. If Landlord chooses not to restore, this lease will terminate. If Landlord chooses to restore, Landlord will notify Tenant in writing of the estimated time to restore and give Tenant an option to terminate this lease by notifying Landlord in writing within ten days from receipt of Landlord's estimate. If Tenant does not notify Landlord timely of Tenant's election to terminate this lease, the lease will continue and Landlord will restore the Premises as provided in a. above.
c. To the extent the Premises are untenantable after the casualty, the Rent will be adjusted as may be fair and reasonable.
6. Condemnation/Substantial or Partial Taking
a. If the Premises cannot be used for the purposes contemplated by this lease because of condemnation or purchase in lieu of condemnation, this lease will terminate.
b. If there is a condemnation or purchase in lieu of condemnation and this lease is not terminated, Landlord will, at Landlord's expense, restore the Premises, and the Rent payable during the unexpired portion of the Term will be adjusted as may be fair and reasonable.
c. Tenant will have no claim to the condemnation award or proceeds in lieu of condemnation.
7. Uniform Commercial Code. Tenant grants Landlord a security interest in Tenant's personal property now or subsequently located on the Premises. This lease is a security agreement under the Uniform Commercial Code.
8. Default by Landlord/Events. Defaults by Landlord are failing to comply with any provision of this lease within thirty days after written notice and failing to provide Essential Services to Tenant within ten days after written notice.
9. Default by Landlord/Tenant's Remedies. Tenant's remedies for Landlord's default are to sue for damages and, if Landlord does not provide an Essential Service for thirty days after default, terminate this lease.
10. Default by Tenant/Events. Defaults by Tenant are (a) failing to pay timely Rent, (b) abandoning or vacating a substantial portion of the Premises, and (c) failing to comply within ten days after written notice with any provision of this lease other than the defaults set forth in (a) and (b) above.
11. Default by Tenant/Landlord's Remedies. Landlord's remedies for Tenant's default are to (a) enter and take possession of the Premises, after which Landlord may relet the Premises on behalf of Tenant and receive the rent directly by reason of the reletting, and Tenant agrees to reimburse Landlord for any expenditures made in order to relet; (b) enter the Premises and perform Tenant's obligations; and (c) terminate this lease by written notice and sue for damages. Landlord may enter and take possession of the Premises by self-help, by picking or changing locks if necessary, and may lock out Tenant or any other person who may be occupying the Premises, until the default is cured, without being liable for damages.
12. Default/Waiver/Mitigation. It is not a waiver of default if the nondefaulting party fails to declare immediately a default or delays in taking any action. Pursuit of any remedies set forth in this lease does not preclude pursuit of other remedies in this lease or provided by applicable law. Landlord and Tenant have a duty to mitigate damages.
13. Security Deposit. If Tenant defaults, Landlord may use the Security Deposit to pay arrears of Rent, to repair any damage or injury, or to pay any expense or liability incurred by Landlord as a result of the default.
14. Holdover. If Tenant does not vacate the Premises following termination of this lease, Tenant will become a tenant at will and must vacate the Premises on receipt of notice from Landlord. No holding over by Tenant, whether with or without the consent of Landlord, will extend the Term. Any holding over by Tenant shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this lease.
15. Alternative Dispute Resolution. Landlord and Tenant agree to mediate in good faith before filing a suit for damages.
16. Attorney's Fees. If either party retains an attorney to enforce this lease, the party prevailing in litigation is entitled to recover reasonable attorney's fees and other fees and court and other costs.
17. Venue. Exclusive venue is in the county in which the Premises are located.
18. Entire Agreement. This lease is the entire agreement of the parties, and there are no oral representations, warranties, agreements, or promises pertaining to this lease or to any expressly mentioned exhibits and riders not incorporated in writing in this lease.
19. Amendment of Lease. This lease may be amended only by an instrument in writing signed by Landlord and Tenant.
20. Limitation of Warranties. THERE ARE NO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR OF ANY OTHER KIND ARISING OUT OF THIS LEASE, AND THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES THAT EXTEND BEYOND THOSE EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS LEASE.
21. Notices. Any notice required or permitted under this lease must be in writing. Any notice required by this lease will be deemed to be delivered (whether actually received or not) when deposited with the United States Postal Service, postage prepaid, certified mail, return receipt requested, and addressed to the intended recipient at the address shown in this lease. Notice may also be given by regular mail, personal delivery, courier delivery, facsimile transmission, or other commercially reasonable means and will be effective when actually received. Any address for notice may be changed by written notice delivered as provided herein.
22. Abandoned Property. Landlord may retain, destroy, or dispose of any property left on the Premises at the end of the Term.